Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Explorers on Google Earth has Finally Arrived!



Our 7th graders are experimenting with Google Earth. We took a project that we had been doing for years and modernized it using this program. It took us a while to figure things out, especially how to link it to our blog, but here it is. None of this would have been possible without the expertise of Paul Weich and Chad DeVoe. ...and Cali, thanks for all of the extra time you put into this project. To take the tour, go to this site and enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was amazingly impressed on how well this project all pulled together. I watched P.2's and I was just so shocked. I didn't predict it to be as awesomly great as it was. I enjoyed this project very much. Though it was difficult at first, we all kept working at it. Thank you so much for your time teaching us in "Beyond The Classroom". This is true. When ever we watch videos, listen to your experience, and have class conversation about history, I truly feel like I'm visiting the place, time, and event. I feel like I'm actually living it. This is only one factor to making your class so amazing. There are tons more. Thank you. -Cali P.2

jfilzen said...

I am pleased with effort and patience you students demonstrated throughout this project. I think Google Earth has great potential in education, and I look forward to learning more about it in the weeks and months ahead.